½ cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
¾ cup Granulated Sugar
¼ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup All Purpose Flour
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup Buttermilk (make your own butter milk by adding one tablespoon of lemon juice or squeezed lemon into one cup of milk).
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 12 piece cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars, add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix just until they are almost all incorporated. Add the buttermilk and mix everything quickly so you don’t over mix.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, fill your muffin tin and bake them for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a cupcake.
6) Let them cool completely before frosting them.