Hadeeth Number 2:
Narrated Abu Hurayrah (May Allaah be pleased with him): Allaah’s Apostle
(sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “The prayer of a person who does hadath
(passes, urine, stool or wind) is not accepted till he performs (repeats) the
ablution.” [Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 137 and Sahih
Muslim Kitaab at-Taharah #559]
Benefits from Ahadeeth :
- This is the way or method of the Scholars of Fiqh that they begin with ‘Ibaadaat (worships) and then Mu’aamalaat (the transactions), and then Ahwaal (example issues like related to marriage, inheritance), Wisaaya and Last part is on legislation. And they finish the book of fiqh with rulings of Murtad(i.e something that nullifies Islaam).
- After the ‘Aqeedah they begin with the Salaat.So, the books of ‘Aqeedah are separate then books of Fiqh. The Books of ‘Aqeedah are called Fiqh-ul-Akbar فقه الأكبر and the Fiqh books (i.e Salaat, Fasting, Hajj etc) are called Fiqh-ul-Asgharفقه الأصغر.
- Fiqh ul Asghar starts with Salaat, Zakaat,Fasting,Hajj,Ahkaam of sacrificing animal,transactions of buying and selling.
- When they begin with Salaat, they begin with that which makes Salaah acceptable which is Tahaarah (Purification).And to begin book of Tahaarah they begin with water because that is needed for Tahaarah. And some scholars begin with things in which the water is kept.
- So, here the Author starts with Salaah and Tahaarah because without Tahaarah, Salaat is not accepted.
- The Word in Hadeeth, ” لا يقبل”, This is like introduction, Its indication to Pay Attention because by this Hadeeth Author is going to explain What is Wudu?How to do it? And Evidences on it.
- The Author began with this Hadeeth to teach that Ritual Impurity nullifies Salah.
- What is Hadath حدث(Ritual Impurity)?
Answer : It is characteristics that comes on a Muslim and Nullifies purity. Like Urine, Stool, Passing Wind, eating camel meat, Sleeping, Losing consciousnesses by any reason like Alcohol, insanity,a person leaving Islaam etc. These all have proofs. This is Hadath
Reference : Audio 1 http://ahlussunnahaudio.com/en/?p=1387
Notes by Om Zakariyaa Al-Baakistaaniyyah.