ذلك : That
- ذلك is pronounced as ذالك with alif after zaa.
- The Kaaf in the end of ذلك is used for Khitaab خطاب (Addressing someone).
- This ذلك is used for something that is far.
- You can choose to drop the laam and say , ”ذاك”. This is also allowed to say Zaaka.It is up to you to drop the laam in your speech, just like it is up to you to drop the ها in هذا.
- Some said that you have 3 distance :a) Close (هذا OR ذا ). b)Medium (ذاك) c)Far (ذلك).
- And Some said Far for both (ذاك) and (ذلك).They didn’t mentioned medium.
Usage of Harf ‘Atf,”و”(And)
- When you write ,”و” you make it close to the word after it like وذلك
- wow is also used for Mutlaq Al-Jam’a مطلق الجمع (Adding things to together). This means و (wow) has nothing to do with Order.
- If we say Haadi came and Ali came and Khaalid. جاء هادي وعلي وخالد. It just combines these three people with this verb ”جاء” came. For all of them share this coming but this word in Arabic doesn’t show you who came first. Wow has nothing to do with order.
- Another words which we can use instead of wow are الفاء and ثم . These both show order and These all add things together but the difference is that الفاء shows this thing happened fast right after and ثم to show something delayed.
Example1 : يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اعْبُدُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ وَالَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ ﴿٢١﴾
. O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqun .
”And those who were before you” means we didnt came first rather the nations which passed like nation of Musa ‘Alyhe wasalam.
Example 2: ثُمَّ أَمَاتَهُ فَأَقْبَرَهُ
Then He causes him to die, and puts him in his grave;
ثُمَّ إِذَا شَاءَ أَنشَرَهُ
Then, when it is His Will, He will resurrect him (again).
- Wow can be used to add sentences or a sentence and nouns. This will come later in shaa Allaah.
- Wow can also be used for something general and then mentioning things after it is specific from the general. Example : I like my car and the wheel. You mean the wheel of your car or part of your car.
Example: مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّلَّـهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَجِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَالَ فَإِنَّ اللَّـهَ عَدُوٌّ لِّلْكَافِرِينَ
“Whoever is an enemy to Allah, His Angels, His Messengers, Jibrael (Gabriel) and Mikael (Michael), then verily, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers.”
Here, Jibrael is from the angels.
- Adding to general its specific or part of it , we call it عطف الخاص على العام.
- There are around 10 letters in arabic which are used instead of wow and they are called حروف العطف Hurooful ‘Atf.
- لبن labanun in past Arabs used for Milk but now it is used to say for Yoghurt.
الدرس الثالث The Third Lesson
- There are types of ال AL ( ال التعريف – Al At Ta’ereef) like AL which specify something like Give me this book. We know which book i am asking and AL of جنس jjins meaning kind like إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ Indeed, mankind is in loss. Here, Mankind means all the mankind. Example : The man is stronger then the women. This means the kind man is stronger then the kind women. Even though there might be 1 woman stronger then this 1 man but here we are talking about group or kind in total.
- We have 14 letters of اللام القمرية and 14 letters of اللام الشمسية.
- Notice when you pronounce, ”القمرية” you pronounce clear laam and when you pronounce, ”الشمسية” then you don’t pronounce laam. This rule is same as Idghaam. The laam is assimilated to the letter of الشمسية. And in الشمسية all letters are being pronounced using tip or blade of the tongue. WHERE AS in, ‘القمرية’ the tip of blade of the tongue is not used.
- In case of Ash-Shamsiyyah when ”AL” comes in between the speech then both are dropped in pronunciation and when it comes in the beginning only laam is dropped in speech and alif is pronounced clear.
- The Adjectives don’t have definite or indefinite like الباب مفتوح Al Baabu Maftoohun. This don’t means ,”The a door is open rather it means The Door is open”.
- Adjective نعت describes the Noun or attribute of something.
- نعت always follows the منعوت in a sense if the thing which is being described (noun) is Marfoo’ then Adjective is also Marfoo’.
Notes by Omm Zakariyaa Al Baakistaaniyyah As-Salafiyyah