Book :قواعد الأربع (The Four Principles).
Explained by : Shaykh Mohammad bin Ramzaan Al Haajiree حفظه الله
Notes by : Om Zakariyaa Al Baakistaaniyyah.
Note Number 4.
Reference Audio : CLICK HERE
Topic : The Second Principle
Matan(TEXT) from Book
The Second Principle
أنهم يقولون: ما دعوناهم وتوجهنا إليهم إلا لطلب القربى والشفاعة. فدليل القربة قوله تعالى:
وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاء مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَى إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِي مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ
ودليل الشفاعة، قوله تعالى
وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلاَ يَنفَعُهُمْ وَيَقُولُونَ هَـؤُلاء شُفَعَاؤُنَا عِندَ اللّهِ
شفاعة منفية، وشفاعة مثبتة
فالشفاعة المنفية: ما كانت تطلب من غير الله فيما لا يقدر عليه إلا الله، والدليل قوله تعالى
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَنفِقُواْ مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَ يَوْمٌ لاَّ بَيْعٌ فِيهِ وَلاَ خُلَّةٌ وَلاَ شَفَاعَةٌ وَالْكَافِرُونَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ
والشفاعة المثبتة: هي التي تطلب من الله، والشافع مكرم بالشفاعة، والمشفوع له من رضي الله قوله وعمله – بعد الإذن – كما قال تعالى
مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ
The second principle: That they (the mushrikeen) say: “We do not call upon and turn towards them except to seek nearness and intercession (with Allaah)”.So the proof against seeking nearness (through awliyaa) is His, saying, “And those who take awliyaa besides Him (say): “We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allaah.” Verily, Allaah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allaah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.” [az-Zumar (39):3]
And the proof against intercession (through awliyaa) is His, the Most High’s, saying, “And they worship besides Allaah things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: “These are our intercessors with Allaah.” [Yunus (10):18]
And intercession is of two types: The prohibited intercession and the affirmed intercession. The prohibited intercession is that which is sought from other than Allaah concerning that which only Allaah is able to do. And the proof is His, the Most High’s, saying, “O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Dhaalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).” [al-Baqarah (2):254]
And the affirmed intercession is that which is sought from Allaah while the intercessor is honoured with the intercession and the one interceded for is someone whose deeds and speech are pleasing to Allaah, after He gives permission, as He, the Most High, said, “Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission?” [al-Baqarah (2):255]
Explanation of Text
- The Second Principle revolves around very important issue and this issue is built upon 2 Foundations:
a)Qurba(meaning getting close to Allaah عزوجل).
b)Shafa’a (meaning intercession from other than Allaah عزوجل).
- The People of Nuhعليه السلامfell into Shirk .They worshipped statues who were righteous individuals. They made pictures of them. They said these righteous individuals are close to Allaah عزوجل. So, they would intercede for us from Allaah عزوجل and they began to worship statues and images that they created. They connected themselves to these individuals and this is the problem.
- And Nuh عليه السلام invited them to Tawheed for 100 years except minus 50 year (i.e 950 years). The result was that, their ‘Aqeedah did not changed because of the strength of the connection they had with these statues. The reason behind this is extremism, in regards to these individuals. It continued.
- Allaah عزوجل caused people of Nuh عليه السلام to drown and everyone on the earth died.
- We are the progeny of those who were with Nuh عليه السلام saved and were succeeded. So, at that time there were only Muwahidoon (People of Tawheed). And then, people returned back to Shirk. This is Big Problem.
- Ibraheem عليه السلام came and destroyed the idols. And same happened that these people sought righteous to seek intercession from Allaah عزوجل. And after Nuh عليه السلام came the Nation of Ibraheem عليه السلام came and then, Musa عليه السلام and then ‘Eesa عليه السلام and Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. So, generation on Shirk continued.
- In time of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم they worshipped statues and idols. They worshipped Laat, ‘Uzza, Manaat. They were righteous individuals. And what was their excuse was, ‘’ that they (the mushrikeen) say: “We do not call upon and turn towards them except to seek nearness and intercession (with Allaah)”. [az-Zumar verse 3]. These Idols and statues are problem.
- Ibraheem عليه السلام said, ‘’and (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said: “O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.’’ (Soorah Ibraheem vere 35).This shows danger of Shirk.
- And Now there are more than 20,000 Domes worshipped which are placed on the graves of righteous. They say them Provide for me O Walee of Allaah and call upon them by saying, ‘’Ya Wali of Allaah’’ making du’aa to other than Allaah عزوجل. The same problem is here.
- This concept of Qurbaa (meaning getting close to Allaah عزوجل) and Shafa’aa(meaning intercession from other than Allaah عزوجل). This is Second Principle mentioned by Author.
In shaa Allaah to be continued with The Third Principle